Tips for Cleaner, More Energy-efficient Living
Recycle, Reuse, Reduce.
That’s the mantra many people live by these days and it may be easier than you think. We live in a world believing there are a finite amount of resources, but that simply isn’t true. The amount of garbage produced in America everyday is astounding and eventually, if we don’t start doing something now, we won’t have any place to put all that garbage. Here are some tips brought to you by your local Andover pest control specialists that may help you live a cleaner, more energy-efficient life that will benefit us all in the long-run (and some of them may even help your wallet, whether immediately or over time).
- Wear organic fabrics like cotton and linen. Natural fibers are less harmful to the environment and are better for your skin.
- Skip the airport and take advantage of technology. Teleconference in for long-distance business meetings.
- Bring your lunch to work instead of going out to eat. This will also help you save money!
- Buy fluorescent light bulbs and prevent 300 lbs. of CO2 every year. These light bulbs use 60 percent LESS energy than regular bulbs.
- Support local businesses. Buy locally grown produce and skip the frozen food. Frozen food uses 10 times more energy to produce.
- Recycle your aluminum cans. Recycling aluminum uses 95 percent less energy than making a can from new materials.
- Invest in an energy-efficient laptop. Laptops can save almost 50 percent more energy than their desktop counterparts.
Our Andover pest control experts want you to know that every little bit counts. Even if you think you’re only one person, you can still make a difference, especially when you think collectively about all the “one” people who are following these same simple tips.